My Mom was a driven, complex, and loving human being. We can see the drive by witnessing her achievement of becoming a Ph.D. We can see her complexity in that you could never get your head quite wrapped around her thinking. We can see her love by her dedication to helping others as witnessed by her profession as a psychologist, as well as, raising three children, myself, my brother Jay, and my sister Angie.
She was a big influence on my life. She helped me define my thinking, understand the complexities in others, stand up for my rights, and how to laugh in the face of adversity. I will miss the intellectual conversations that solved all the world’s problems. I will miss the laughter we shared from some of the corny things we did, like sitting in a parking lot figuring out what to do one day, and we laughed for a half hour just because we were in a parking lot trying to figure out what to do.
I tried to be a good son for my Mom. Sometimes I fell short but she would understand and give a helping hand. Her support and understanding through the years may have gone unrecognized at times because it was just Mom – thank you Mom for all the times I didn’t say thank you. She made me who I am today and I will always love her.
Love, David
June 9, 2010 9:53 AM
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment