Dr. Dee Spring aka "Mom" to me. She is the most particular person I have known in my whole life. As her daughter-in-law, it was an enjoyable, respectul, and sometimes difficult act, to follow her expectations. I loved every chance to learn, to be heard, to be understood, and most of all to be loved by her. She gave me the opportunity to know her-being a very private person. She became our extended family member to enjoy her presence, wit, and humor. She always says, "I have an in with the Filipino Connection". She loved to eat her medium rare steaks! She shared with me a few southern recipes and showed me how important "bacon grease" is when making corn bread. She was always there for us. I will miss her terribly. No more having tea with her to fix Social Security, MediCare, and mental illness. No more perfectly wrapped Christmas presents. I love you and my family will miss you, especially "Miguelito."
So long Mom...Love, Becky
June 9, 2010 8:46 PM
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment