Merry Christmas Mom!!
Can you feel the excitement? Can you? Ok, you know it is morning because us kids are in Angies room stomping on the floor trying to get everyone up and about. Hmm and it is only 5:30 am.!!
Christmas was always such a special time in our house. You always made sure of that. So much you did that kids did not appreciate, but looking back..fantastic!!
It has been a year and a half now, but you are not forgotten. I turn to you frequently in my thoughts just to say hi!
Merry Christmas Mom
Love
Jay
Sunday, December 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Aunt Dee,
ReplyDeleteI realize I never wrote on this blog just yesterday so I had to correct that omission.
My memories of you are just about the only ones I remember of my childhood. When we moved in with you and Uncle John I was 4. I don't know how long we lived with you, but I remember feeling safe and happy. I loved having my cousins around and I have distinct memories of each one...especially David...since we were only a year apart.
I could take up many lines of this blog recounting all of the memories, good and bad (when I got in trouble LOL) but I will refrain from boring everyone else. I just want you to know how much I love you and how important you were in my life. I wish we could have spent time before your death, but everything happens for a reason and I know you are with me as you always have been throughout my life.
You were a bright light in my dark childhood and for that I have always been very grateful. I didn't understand all that was going on in my little life during that time, but I did understand safety, family, structure and love from you, Uncle John, and my cousins that I was definitely missing.
I love my dad and my mom very much, but you provided a sense of family that I never had before or after that time.
Rest in peace Aunt Dee and please tell Angie and my brother Michael I love and miss them also.
I love you.
Your only niece,
Michele Grant