Dear Dee’s Family and Friends,
I’m so sorry to hear about Dee’s death. Please accept my deepest condolences to you for losing her. I always feel that losing a loved one should be put off until…well, just like give me just one more year with her or him.
To Dee’s family I’d like you to know that Dee threw me a lifeline when I was being submerged in post-traumatic stress syndrome (PTSD) illness. I had no idea what was happening and too busy to really evaluate it. As I progress to an ever deeper place with this condition and its insidious effects, I kept doing all the things that needed to be done but had more and more of the PTSD systems. A FEMA official recognized the condition and gave me Dee’s phone number and saidI should contact her.
From the time of the Northridge Earthquake until she retired, Dee was still helping me and being successful with efforts. When she retired, she referred me to an excellent therapist that continue on with my journey to recovery from a horrific sexual, physical, and emotional childhood abuse that was triggered by the earthquake.
There will not be the time or space to write what she has done for me. She and I worked each week for hours trying to bring me to an emotional healthier spot that I,m at today with the help of both Dee and the referred therapist.
Dee was an amazing person of many talents that she generously shared with us. Thank you Dee, I will truly miss you.
Fran
Friday, October 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment